Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cake and changes

Random title, I know. There has been some random, crazy stuff going on lately. Last Saturday was the mr's birthday, and I made him a cake. I never got to make him any other festivities, but I don't think he was offended [thank goodness]. I did get a new cake stand for Christmas so there would have been a cake, birthday or no birthday. I love that it has the space for ribbon of your choice so it can be changed as often as I change my mind [which is a lot]. 

We didn't do anything super exciting for his birthday, but we had a good day. He did get birthday waffles, and that is pretty special compared to our usual bowl of cereal. He loves home made waffles...with the special red plate and a candle added...probably more for my own enjoyment more than his.

After some shopping he squeezed in a few minutes of Batman: Arkham City, and I decorated his cake. I had been itching to make this ruffle icing cake for a while now. I finally got it all together, and I was pretty pleased with how it came out. It could have been neater, but for a first attempt I was satisfied. 



I added the banner using the paper straws I bought for Georgie's baby shower, and it was complete. Here it is all lit up with 27 candles!


 The cake was a hit at the family get together, and we had a great time. Again, nothing crazy, just chili, cake, games, and old home videos. Then we made another quick trip to Arkansas, and we are back today to hopefully get back into some sort of routine. I have made 4 trips in a month's time, and I will admit that I am ready for some normal. 

We are getting things set for the upcoming year and making a few changes. Cancelling our cable should give me some extra free time and fewer distractions, I am on a mission to get back to my running that enjoyed for that one month back in the fall [yeah, I know...], and Nicholas will be starting school next week. It will be some adjusting for both of us, but I am excited for things to come! 

Be happy! 

-Katie Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment