Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Try new things

On Friday I was home from work with all of my really pressing "to-dos" finished so I decided it was time to try a new project. My [amazing, fabulous, hilarious, and fantastic] boss gave me a tub full of supplies from her basement last week. One of the boxes contained several colors of Sculpey clay products...you just sculpt and bake! The closest thing to clay that I have ever used is Play-Doh, but I had a simple project in mind. My sweet friend Jessica is getting married, and I have been planning on sending her something to show how excited I am for her. I thought it would be sweet to make some little personalized charms that she could use as her "something blue". 


So I rolled out just a tiny bit of the stuff, used my large Wilton icing tip to cut the circle, and stamped on the letter d [with a vintage stamp I have] and the heart stamp I shared in my last post. I used a toothpick to poke the hole at the top and baked them at 275 degrees for about 14 minutes. Then I let them cool and added the little ring through the hole. I think I will definitely be making more for myself and family members. I want to try some using this stamp. 

I will say that I have no idea how well this will hold up, but from the projects I saw at http://www.sculpey.com/ it must be pretty durable. I will be making some charms for myself to test them out. 

Be happy! 

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment