Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

workin' it out

So yeah...I have dropped the ball on several things concerning my blog. I have yet to embrace the camera since that first Thursday [fail]. I have been creating, but I have just felt no desire to photograph and post about anything [fail again]. I have been working on photos and working at the bakery and squeezing in time on the treadmill and actually giving myself a break in the evening and sleeping a lot and spending any possible time I can with my husband because I miss him. There have been a couple of times that I felt kind of stressed at the thought of how long it has been since I posted here, but why should that stress me? I have no obligation to this. This is supposed to be fun, and when it becomes a stressful thing is when I quit. That is just not the point. I am not quitting now, but I am also not going to force myself into something that causes unnecessary stress. Normally I would not dream of posting without of a photo, but the honest truth is I have hardly taken any photos lately [another fail]. And the ones I have taken are probably on some memory card laying scattered around my house because it is a disaster. So I am breaking myself in with a photo-less post about nothing creative or crafty.

Since my last post [3 weeks ago!] I have made a trip to Arkansas and snuggled my sweet niece. I have surprised myself with a couple of the cakes I have made at the bakery. I have cleaned my closet. I have gone shopping for clothes by myself for one of the first times in my life. I have participated in Sunday school class [instead of just listening]. I have spent less time with my computer in my lap. I have completed several photography projects. I have jogged several miles [not all at once]. I have learned to manage evenings at home by myself and tried to be strong and supportive while the mr works his booty off. I have made my sister's birthday presents. I have done a lot of stuff that I can feel good about, so I am not going to feel bad for not making a post about the bunting I made or the cool necklace I finished. Maybe before now I needed that to help me feel fulfilled, but I am have been workin' in out here at home, and I feel great about it. Maybe I will get caught up and feel like sharing everything that I have been working on soon, but even if I don't I am not going to beat myself up about it. Today I am going to clean my house and be thankful for the cloudy day that keeps me from seeing all the spots I will undoubtedly miss. I hope you have a beautiful day.

Be happy...and fulfilled. 

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment