Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Making big plans

This is our plain, empty, worn out deck that didn't even have the table there until yesterday. 


This is me sitting at our new table making a list and some drawings of things I would like to do to the deck this Spring/Summer. 


This is the list I made, and I am super pumped about it! 


A few of the things I want to do include: get more chairs to match the existing table, possibly hang old windows on the large blank wall, planters on the rail, small wooden benches along the rail, a large planter in one corner, and hanging some cafe lights. One of the most difficult things on the list would probably be finding a large piece of furniture to place against the wall for storage and to have a place to put some potted plants. I wanted a sort of buffet or dresser or something similar. I thought I was dreaming big since I didn't really want to go out and spend money on a piece of furniture to put outside, but while running on the treadmill [which is in the basement] I realized it was right in front of me...literally! There is this old, gross, paint-chipped, worn out cabinet with an old sink on top that isn't hooked up any more...it is perfect! Right now it is a dark brown with white underneath the chipping paint, and I will probably sand it, paint it, and distress it. I am thinking maybe turquoise...now if I can just get Nicholas to let me help me bring it up from the basement. I am even more excited about this project now, and I can't wait to get started!

While it is clear that the deck is worn and has seen better days, we are just not up to replacing the entire thing right now. Nicholas is working so hard at school and his normal 40 hour work week, not to mention the cost because what it really needs is to be torn down and replaced. But I am going to embrace the ruggedness, and it will be cute...hopefully sooner than later! 

Be happy...and pumped about something! 

-Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment