Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

A step in the right direction...

Yesterday, amidst the chaos that is my house right now, I managed to get the little area of my dining room that I have been picturing put together. It actually came together just as I had imagined.


Not only am I pleased with how it came out visually, I love that it has items that are important to me. The trunk came from Batesville, the suitcase was my great grandmother's, the small, weathered photo frame is one Daddy made for my wedding, and the chair belonged to my great grandparents. I was so thankful that I was able to get a photo of them to include with the arrangement. Of course the painting I did is important to me [until I decide to paint over it], and I don't think it would hurt any of us to be reminded of those three words. I didn't originally plan on putting the "lockhart" sign in the chair. I actually just put it there to get it off the table for a minute, realized it was there in the photo, and then decided I kind of liked it. 


This got me going with lots of other little "arrangements" around the house, and I am eager to get everything in order. I keep bringing more things into the house from both sets of parents, but eventually everything will have a place. I have been doing a good bit of purging as well. It is all a step in the right direction, and I am enjoying the process.

Be happy!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment