Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Go ahead and own it

Sometimes I hate the internet. 

Okay, so maybe I don’t because I would need to look something up in the first 1.5 seconds I was without it, but sometimes it becomes overwhelming. I don’t mean to be a Debbie downer, but sometimes I feel like it puts so much pressure on people. There are so many beautiful websites, photos, and creative people out there that it is easy to feel like your clothes/house/hair/artwork/job [or anything else imaginable] is inadequate. 

I am here to tell you to stop. 

Even if you aren’t a master do-it-yourselfer, marathon running, vegan chef, gluten free baker with an online craft business who homeschools her kids between her mission trips to Africa…

Stop feeling inadequate. 

Am I the only one that feels like this is what I am looking at sometimes?

Can I get an Amen?

I don’t mean to diminish those successful women who seem to have it all together. More power to them! We [I say "we" because I feel confident in saying that I am not totally alone on this one] just have to get it together and realize that someone else is not the standard for our success. Clearly I deal with this pretty frequently since I have touched on a similar subject before.

I will go ahead and tell myself to stop now too.

But seriously. Whatever you are doing, go ahead and own it. I have made the decision to work my butt off and make things happen instead of just waiting for them to happen. Go ahead. You can do it too. I've got your back.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/180462711/black-and-white-art-print-85x11-awesome?ref=shop_home_active_1

xoxo,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!! Good words to hear, especially on a day like today when I am consumed with work and feeling like every other part of my life is being neglected. And I LOVE the print that goes along with the message :-) That may have to be my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that this could help...just go back and read it every now and then because I know you are enough like me to need it. And you ARE awesome! Don't forget it!

      Delete