Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Let the festivities begin!!!

I know I haven't posted in a while, and I have been wanting to so badly. The problem has been that I haven't really done anything worth posting. However! That does not mean that I haven't been busy. I have been so productive that I must admit I am proud of myself. I have had so many photo orders to get done for the holidays, and I am one photo book away from being completely done! But enough about that...

A few weeks ago I started this project on a night when I just needed a break. I mentioned it in this post. Well, I finally put the finishing touches on it today [after finally remembering to by a wreath hanger], and it is making our cruddy old [seriously old] front door look all festive! 


 

I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out for around $15.00. I am hoping we can get the tree decorated tomorrow before the mr. heads to work, and then I have all sorts of things planned for the weekend...we will see which things actually happen. 

The last couple of days I have had another small project going in my spare minutes. It has seriously been just minutes because this was such an easy project. I started with this:
 
[Both from Hobby Lobby]


I just printed off the numbers [I think the font was elephant] and used a tiny piece of graphite paper to transfer the image. Then I filled it in with the pen! It was so easy and so fast. They look exactly as they looked in my head. Now I don't want to sit a drink on them and mess them up! I might experiment with sealing them somehow.

I like this much more dramatic photo better, but the first one shows the project better. Yes, I over think things...


It is amazing the feeling that I get from completing a project like this. The hard part is that it doesn't satisfy a craving...it only fuels it! I have so many things I want to make! I have several small projects that I have almost finished and would love to share, but they are secret present projects. I love homemade gifts, and I have some cute things to wrap up! 

Be happy...and festive! 

-Kate

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the wreath. I've been working on a similar one, but in blue and silver. I doubt it will turn out as beautifully (and fun!) as yours did but I'll give it a valiant effort :-)

    ReplyDelete