Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Thrifty treasures

Over the weekend I took a little overnight trip with my boss/buddy Mary for a cake meeting in Columbia. I had never been there before, but I will definitely be going back! I saw several antique stores that I wanted to check out, but we only had time for one. Of course I still managed to find some goodies to bring home. 

I didn't think I was going to find much at all, but then I walked around the corner to find a huge pile of cameras laying in the floor. Yes..they were actually piled all over the floor. It was exciting but sad that they were not better taken care of. I wish I could have brought them all home with me, but many were more pricey than I could justify. I did, however, find this beauty for just $20. Then, it was 25% off that on tax free day! I am all about a bargain so I was pretty excited. 


I actually ended up getting these [below] for half off, so my grand total for the 3 hankies and the camera was $19.50. Heck yeah! [The yellow edged one on top is my favorite]. I will be looking for more hankies in the future to complete a hankie project I have planned.


Last week when I was in Arkansas I scored these two cameras for a grand total of $4.50. The one on the right is a little rough, but I thought it would be a fun one to do some painting on since it is already messed up. 


Then we went to my favorite antique store in Batesville, and I got this awesome tray for only $6.00! I like it more and more each time I look at it! I think I may do some rearranging so this can go on the shelf over the bed.


I also scored the neat spools of thread, but I don't know exactly what I will do with them yet.


I have been pretty luck with some great finds here lately. I hope I can continue my luck when we revisit Columbia... and hopefully that will be sooner than later!

Back to photo editing, house cleaning, and prep for the craft show...

Be happy! 

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment