Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

[fun] productive weekend

It was a great weekend around here full of fun and [fun] productivity. Saturday we went out for some shopping without having to rush home. We had lunch, hit some sales, and of course went to Hobby Lobby. Saturday night and Sunday after church I had some time to work on some paintings and other things I had started last week. I got several packages of cupcake toppers finished [with more ideas coming], finished up a pretty time consuming hand embroidery project, and finished one commissioned painting, a couple to add to my inventory, and one old, ugly store bought piece transformed into a fantastic chalkboard for the bakery! Phew! 


These are just a couple of samples of the toppers I did. I used a lot of the papers from the "Sweet Stack" I got on clearance last week. 


The commissioned piece: it kind of a repeat of a previous project in a different color [per her request].


Here are a couple that I did to add to my inventory of things to sell [or to the growing display in my living room]. I am not so sure how I feel about the first one. I still LOVE the previous notebook paper piece I did, but I don't like this font. It isn't as clean and sharp. It may get painted over.


I like the playfulness of this one. 


And this is one of my favorite things that I will have a hard time parting with. Not only was it very time consuming, but I just like it...even though I don't need any more of these in my house.


I didn't get a before photo of the chalkboard and frame, but I will have to get an after. It looks fantastic now, and the bright red frame will be a great pop of color in the bakery. 
Be happy...and [fun] productive! 

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment