Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Currently...

I came across this questionnaire on Emily's blog, Jones Design Company. At the risk of this feeling like an old Myspace quiz I thought I would share my answers to the questions since I don't have a famous blogger asking me. I will just pretend I do since it will be fun for me to look back and see how my answers have changed. 

Where I live in the summertime means

me being anywhere with an air conditioner. I am so not a Summer kind of girl.

My favorite spot in our house is 

where my husband is. We don't get a lot of time together these day with his busy school and work schedule. I am grateful for every minute he is here with me, and we love spending time together even doing the most mundane of things.


Where I see myself in five years 

is in the country with a big garden, ongoing home and diy projects, and a little one running around.

My favorite late night snack is

usually a bowl of cereal. I can eat cereal any time of day.


Best DIY project I have ever done

This is a hard question because there are sooooo many to choose from. My entire house is a DIY project! I love my hand drawn birch tree wall in our bedroom, the ruffled curtain on the back door, and the shelves we added to either side of our living room fireplace. However, I must say that my favorite diy would have to be my coat rack. I especially love that my mister, my daddy, and I all contributed to it!



When I was little I wanted to be 

a teacher during the school year and a life guard in the Summer...true story.

One thing every room in your house should have is 

something handmade. While I do have several things that I have created myself, some of the items I treasure most are things that have been made by my family members and handed down or gifted to me. I have the hand embroidered pillow cases from my mother-in-law, the crocheted throw from my aunt Patti, the porch swing made by my paternal grandfather 45 years ago, and the doilies made by my great-grandmother, among other things. I treasure these items, and I hold tightly to the concept of handmade hoping that someday my children and grandchildren will hold the same appreciation for these things.


And bunting...every room in the house should probably have bunting too. Just ask my mister.

Well, that was fun. Feel free to share your answers if you want. You can pretend like I am famous and interviewing you if you want. It is more fun that way. 

xoxo, 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment