Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

G is for Georgie

I have several little projects that I want to do either for the baby shower for Candice and Georgie or for the nursery, and I finally got a start on them. One of the larger projects is underway in my dining room floor, but I actually completed a few small ones today. One is this G that can be used for the shower and the nursery. I just bought this simple G from Hobby Lobby and used spray adhesive and scrapbook paper to cover it. I may or may not attach a ribbon to hang it. I am undecided since I am doing that on at least one other project that I can think of, and I don't want to go overboard with that idea. 

I started with this:

And I ended with this: 


I also put these little napkin/forks together last night before bed. I knew I didn't want to buy enough cloth napkins or anything, but I want every aspect of the shower to be visually pleasing [cute]. So I just bought some heavy paper napkins [also from Hobby Lobby], and I had saved the scraps from some bunting I made for the nursery. They worked perfectly, and I couldn't be happier with the colors I chose. I just rolled the napkins around the plastic fork [I had the better part of 300 left from the wedding], and tied the little scraps around them. It is something so simple, but I like how they turned out.




Another project that is in the works is outside drying. I had this project in my head, but never expected to be so lucky to find such a great frame for such a great price! I got this for less than $7.00 at Hobby Lobby, and it is exactly what I was looking for! 


It had a tiny nick on one corner, but since I knew I would paint it I wasn't worried. It was originally gold and dark brown [super traditional], but it will soon have a pink ribbon hanger and chicken wire inside the frame to make a cute place for Georgie's hair accessories! 

I have many more shower/nursery projects to come, and I can't wait to get to them!

Be happy!

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment