Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pom Poms and "Paper flowers"

So last night while Nicholas watched The roast of Donald Trump I had to keep myself busy. I have a hard time just sitting down and watching TV without having my hands busy. So I got my big pile of yarn [Thanks, Aunt Patti], and I made some pom poms. This morning I put them on some of the curly willow branches that are all over my house. I plan to get more colors of yarn for these. I love my vase with just two flowers from this post, but I think a large bouquet of them would be cute too!


This morning I have had trouble focusing on just one project [as always]. I have so many different things I want to do that I just get a little all over the place. I did some cleaning and organizing in the craft room yesterday, and that has helped a lot. However, I still want to do more projects that I have hands for. 
Mini Rosette Metal Headband

Newborn headbands
I am honestly not sure of the durability of these because I had the flowers already, and I am not sure what they are made of. They feel very papery and lightweight, but they are nearly impossible to tear. I plan on trying them out on my next newborn session for sure. 

Earrings [same "papery"] material

These may go to my sister for a test run on durability.

Though my to do list for today is long, I hope to accomplish some hand embroidery and increasing my inventory of the Metal Poppy Headbands as well as the rosette earrings.

Be happy...and pretty!

-Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment