Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Around the house

Since we moved I have been going through my art/sewing/craft supplies and finding projects that I did back in the summer. Things like: 

This apron

This Springy Clutch



Last summer [when it was really stinking hot] I also sanded and repainted my two [slightly mismatched] nightstands that I got from an antique/craft fair. I got both for $50.00, but they needed work. I wish I had before photos of the terrible "country" pink they were painted, but just know this is a vast improvement. On my side I added this lamp from Walmart, coordinating books, and the birds that were our wedding cake toppers. I love them, and they provide excellent storage!



I am obsessed with old suitcases and trunks. The army "trunk" I bought at a flea market for $15.00 years ago. I bought in in Batesville, AR, and it actually has the troop number and information [it was actually out of Batesville]. The suitcase on top belonged to my great-grandmother, and when I saw it at my grandma's house I loved it. Luckily, she didn't hesitate to part with it, and right now they live at the foot of our bed.


I am really enjoying getting things together around the house. Hopefully we will finish getting our new dining room table assembled, my photo collage for the dining room wall hung, and our tv stand in place this weekend!

'til then...
-Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment