Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

to-do, to-do, to-do

My to-do list is getting a little out of hand. These are some of the things I need to do [not counting laundry, dishes, etc.]. 

finish Mary's graphite drawing
charcoal Twiggy drawing for Marina
Lisa's painting
finish Cassie's two small paintings
Rosemary's painting
prints for Pat
painting for Pat
drawing for Grandma
Emily's photo edits
Green twins' photo edits

What do I want to do? Snuggle on the couch with my mister and watch a movie. Maybe go on a leisurely date that doesn't involve stopping for milk...the kind where we just look at things we don't need and hold hands and talk about the things we didn't finish discussing on our way out the door to our busy days...

We have not done this nearly enough lately, and I am missing my time with him. However, I know all of his hard work will pay off someday. Thankfully that day is getting closer all the time.

Friday night I started to get overwhelmed with all the things we have had going on this week and the growing list of things I have to do. I was doing laundry and working on my to-do list, all while just wanting to go to bed after an 11 hour day at work. Then I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. My guy drove 3 hours to a job interview Thursday. Friday he worked until 10:30 after a full day of classes, and and went back to work Saturday, after doing homework that morning. Okay so, overwhelmed might have been an understatement.

 Then I looked up above my desk and saw this.


This simple reminder calmed my frazzled nerves. I realized that I don't have to compare our burdens. We share the same ones, and we have nothing to worry about. We have so much to be thankful for, and our troubles are few. Sure, we have a lot on our plates right now, but God will reveal his plan for us. I just hope I slow down enough to see it.

If you need me, I will be in the basement painting.

xoxo,
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment